Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hide rows with conditional formatting

Is it possible to hide a ROW with conditional formatting? I know you can hide
cell values by using a custom number format: ;;; However, that makes the
content of the cell unvisible, but it does not hide the entire row. Perhaps
my request is not possible outside VBA. I don't need a VBA solution (I have
one), but I would like to achieve this result with conditional formatting
only.

Thanks for your help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gerry,

No, it's not possible to hide a row with conditional formatting.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Gerry Verschuuren" wrote in message
Is it possible to hide a ROW with conditional formatting? I know you can hide
cell values by using a custom number format: ;;; However, that makes the
content of the cell unvisible, but it does not hide the entire row. Perhaps
my request is not possible outside VBA. I don't need a VBA solution (I have
one), but I would like to achieve this result with conditional formatting
only.

Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you really mean hide the row by making the rowheight 0, then nope, not
through format|Conditional formatting.

You may want to look at data|filter|autofilter. This may work for you and would
be a "macro-free" solution.

Gerry Verschuuren wrote:

Is it possible to hide a ROW with conditional formatting? I know you can hide
cell values by using a custom number format: ;;; However, that makes the
content of the cell unvisible, but it does not hide the entire row. Perhaps
my request is not possible outside VBA. I don't need a VBA solution (I have
one), but I would like to achieve this result with conditional formatting
only.

Thanks for your help

--

Dave Peterson