-   -   Hide rows with conditional formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/138256-hide-rows-conditional-formatting.html)

Gerry Verschuuren

Hide rows with conditional formatting

Is it possible to hide a ROW with conditional formatting? I know you can hide
cell values by using a custom number format: ;;; However, that makes the
content of the cell unvisible, but it does not hide the entire row. Perhaps
my request is not possible outside VBA. I don't need a VBA solution (I have
one), but I would like to achieve this result with conditional formatting
only.

Thanks for your help

macropod

Hide rows with conditional formatting

Hi Gerry,

No, it's not possible to hide a row with conditional formatting.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Gerry Verschuuren" wrote in message
Is it possible to hide a ROW with conditional formatting? I know you can hide
cell values by using a custom number format: ;;; However, that makes the
content of the cell unvisible, but it does not hide the entire row. Perhaps
my request is not possible outside VBA. I don't need a VBA solution (I have
one), but I would like to achieve this result with conditional formatting
only.

Thanks for your help

Dave Peterson

Hide rows with conditional formatting

If you really mean hide the row by making the rowheight 0, then nope, not
through format|Conditional formatting.

You may want to look at data|filter|autofilter. This may work for you and would
be a "macro-free" solution.

Gerry Verschuuren wrote:

Is it possible to hide a ROW with conditional formatting? I know you can hide
cell values by using a custom number format: ;;; However, that makes the
content of the cell unvisible, but it does not hide the entire row. Perhaps
my request is not possible outside VBA. I don't need a VBA solution (I have
one), but I would like to achieve this result with conditional formatting
only.

Thanks for your help

--

Dave Peterson

Gerry Verschuuren

Hide rows with conditional formatting

Yes, I know about that alternative, but I was just hoping you could set the
row height. Thanks anyway.

Gerry Verschuuren wrote:

Is it possible to hide a ROW with conditional formatting? I know you can hide
cell values by using a custom number format: ;;; However, that makes the
content of the cell unvisible, but it does not hide the entire row. Perhaps
my request is not possible outside VBA. I don't need a VBA solution (I have
one), but I would like to achieve this result with conditional formatting
only.

Thanks for your help

--

Dave Peterson

Gerry Verschuuren

Hide rows with conditional formatting

That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for confirming my guess.

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Gerry,

No, it's not possible to hide a row with conditional formatting.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]
-------------------------

"Gerry Verschuuren" wrote in message
Is it possible to hide a ROW with conditional formatting? I know you can hide
cell values by using a custom number format: ;;; However, that makes the
content of the cell unvisible, but it does not hide the entire row. Perhaps
my request is not possible outside VBA. I don't need a VBA solution (I have
one), but I would like to achieve this result with conditional formatting
only.

Thanks for your help

Don Guillett

Hide rows with conditional formatting

No to hide row or reset height but you can use to change font.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Gerry Verschuuren" wrote in