Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copying Conditional Formatting to multiple cells

I want to copy conditional format of a perticular cell to the another
cell with its own new reference formula. For example,

If Cell Value of F7 is equal to T7 then cell colour should be Green
&
If cell value of F8 is equal to T8 then again cell colour should be
Green and carry on....

When I am copying the Conditional Format of Cell F7 to F8 in all
conventioanl methods (i.e.Format Paiter or Paste Special....) it is
copying following value in the condition area.

Cell Value of F8 is equal to T7 then cell colour is Green. Hence by
using conventional methods of copying Conditional Formatting,
Condition Formula with respect to the Formatted Cell is not changing.

Please help me out for this issue...

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check your formatting of F7 again - you will probably find that it
says:

" ... If Cell Value of F7 is equal to $T$7 then cell colour should be
Green ..."

so when you try to copy this it will always refer to cell T7. Just get
rid of the $ symbols then try to copy it using the Format Painter.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 5, 5:36 pm, wrote:
I want to copy conditional format of a perticular cell to the another
cell with its own new reference formula. For example,

If Cell Value of F7 is equal to T7 then cell colour should be Green
&
If cell value of F8 is equal to T8 then again cell colour should be
Green and carry on....

When I am copying the Conditional Format of Cell F7 to F8 in all
conventioanl methods (i.e.Format Paiter or Paste Special....) it is
copying following value in the condition area.

Cell Value of F8 is equal to T7 then cell colour is Green. Hence by
using conventional methods of copying Conditional Formatting,
Condition Formula with respect to the Formatted Cell is not changing.

Please help me out for this issue...

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

"Conditional formatting: Considering the fourth option"
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CL100570551033

Challa Prabhu