Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Format date month as all CAPs 20FEB07

I'm a novice at Excel. How do I get the date format ddmmmyy to display the
month portion in CAPs? Thank you any assistance you can give.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A common question that's been asked several times.

You can't format a date to display all capitals. You can create a text cell,
though, which will do it, as in:

=upper(text(a1,"ddmmmyy"))

Fred

"excel-duh?" wrote in message
I'm a novice at Excel. How do I get the date format ddmmmyy to display the
month portion in CAPs? Thank you any assistance you can give.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't unless you want to use a TEXT string as the date.

Manually typed in:

'20FEB07

Or, if the true date is already entered in a cell:

A1 = 20-Feb-07 (a true Excel DATE)

=UPPER(TEXT(A1,"ddmmmyy"))

Will return 20FEB07 as a *TEXT* string (not a true Excel DATE)

Biff