-   -   Format date month as all CAPs 20FEB07 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/137926-format-date-month-all-caps-20feb07.html)

excel-duh?

Format date month as all CAPs 20FEB07

I'm a novice at Excel. How do I get the date format ddmmmyy to display the
month portion in CAPs? Thank you any assistance you can give.

Fred Smith

Format date month as all CAPs 20FEB07

A common question that's been asked several times.

You can't format a date to display all capitals. You can create a text cell,
though, which will do it, as in:

=upper(text(a1,"ddmmmyy"))

Fred

"excel-duh?" wrote in message
I'm a novice at Excel. How do I get the date format ddmmmyy to display the
month portion in CAPs? Thank you any assistance you can give.

T. Valko

Format date month as all CAPs 20FEB07

You can't unless you want to use a TEXT string as the date.

Manually typed in:

'20FEB07

Or, if the true date is already entered in a cell:

A1 = 20-Feb-07 (a true Excel DATE)

=UPPER(TEXT(A1,"ddmmmyy"))

Will return 20FEB07 as a *TEXT* string (not a true Excel DATE)

Biff

"excel-duh?" wrote in message
I'm a novice at Excel. How do I get the date format ddmmmyy to display the
month portion in CAPs? Thank you any assistance you can give.

excel-duh?

Format date month as all CAPs 20FEB07

Thank you Fred Smith and T. Valko very much for such a quick response. It was
what I needed.

"excel-duh?" wrote in message
I'm a novice at Excel. How do I get the date format ddmmmyy to display the
month portion in CAPs? Thank you any assistance you can give.

T. Valko

Format date month as all CAPs 20FEB07

Kind of makes you wonder why you can't format a date in that manner!!!!!

Biff