Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I reduce fractions into lowest terms?

I am working with fractions in Ecel daily and need to know the formula in
order that the the fractions are in lowest terms (ie 12/16 = 3/4).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try something like this:

Select the cell(s) to be impacted

From the Excel main menu:
<format<cells<number tab
Category: Fraction
Type: (select whatever is appropriate)
Click [OK]

In your example (12/16),
if you had selected the Type: Up to 3 digits

The cell would display as 3/4
If the cell contained 0.1328125, it would display as 17/128

Is that something you can work with?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP