Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fill Part of Chart Background with second color

I have a line chart with stock by date. The chart goes from 1999-2006. I'd
like to color in the chart area from 2003-2006 without using any sort of
overlay or transparency, so it is behind the line data. Is this possible?
Thanks ahead of time for any responses!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here are a number of approaches:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...nelChart1.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"DQuint" wrote in message
I have a line chart with stock by date. The chart goes from 1999-2006.
I'd
like to color in the chart area from 2003-2006 without using any sort of
overlay or transparency, so it is behind the line data. Is this possible?
Thanks ahead of time for any responses!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, that was a bit complex for what I wanted to do. I had a Friday
epiphany and just added another series behind the line chart series as a bar
chart, set the maximum height of the chart to the same as the top of the bar
chart values, set the gap to zero, border to none, and yipee, I got a filled
in area behind my line chart. But I did print out the response in case I
need to do a paneled pivot table (my brain dislikes pivot tables but you
never know)