Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to have cells automatically expand when typing

Is there a way to have the cells automatically increase row height when what
you are typing is exceeds the cell dimensions? I have to describe entries in
a cell and the column width is good, I don't want that to change but I would
like the row height to automatically change so I can see all the text.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use an event macro that autofits the changed cell's row height
whenever you make a change.

If you want to try, rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this
behavior. Select view code and paste this into the code window:

Option Explicit
Target.EntireRow.AutoFit
End Sub

But be aware that most macros destroy the Edit|Undo and Edit|Redo stack. (I'd
just do it manually so I wouldn't lose that.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you also tried: format rowautofit?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you both, simple for me is best. What I did is checked wrap text under
format cells -- alignment tab. Autoformat did not work and the macro sounded
a bit iffy.
Thanks again