Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bec Bec is offline

Default Arrays & Defined Names

I have two linked workbooks of which contain arrays and defined names. It
appears that when I have defined names they haven't gone across to the
linking workbook. Is this right or what have I missed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Firstly: Check your workbook and sheet reference path(s).

Secondly: Check whether your name reference still referes to old named
reference name. Changing the named reference will not change the references
automatically. You will have to delete recreate the named references again in
your formula. Named reference does not support Dynamic Data Exchange.

Challa Prabhu

"Bec" wrote:

I have two linked workbooks of which contain arrays and defined names. It
appears that when I have defined names they haven't gone across to the
linking workbook. Is this right or what have I missed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Yes. If you rename a named range, you will definitely get errors on the
sheet because, the cells value still refers to the previous named range that
nolonger exists.

It would be difficult to identify the number of named range you have
specified in the sheet(s) depending upon the usage of the named range in your
workshhet.

If the named ranges you have used are fewer, then you know them where they
have been used. Otherwise, follow the procedu

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. Click the View Tab.
3. Under Windows Option, select the Formulas check box.
4. Click OK. Now you can view all the formulas on the Worksheet.
5. On the Edit menu, click Replace. The Find and Replace dialog appears.
6. In the Find what box, enter the old named range name.
7. In the Replace with box, enter the new named range name
8. click OK. All the old range names will be replace by the new name.
9. Then, follow Step1 to Step2.
10. Under Windows Option, click to clear the Formulas check box.
11. Click OK. Now you can view only the values on the Worksheet

Challa Prabhu