Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default NAMES DEFINED

Is it possible to transfer (copy and paste ???) a list of names that I
have defined in one workbook ...into another workbook??

In other words, one of my defined names defines

Tampa Bay as tb.

So, in my new workbook, I wish to type into a cell... =tb...

and Tampa Bay would appear.

How can I transfer my, quite extensive, list?

THANK YOU.

FLKulchar
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi F.,

Is it possible to transfer (copy and paste ???) a list of names that I
have defined in one workbook ...into another workbook??

Download my Name Manager (www.jkp-ads.com/officemarketplacenm-en.asp)

- install it
- control-shift-n starts it
- click the list names button
- close nm
- copy the "names dd-mmm-yyyy" sheet to the new workbook
- open NM again
- click the Pickup button.
- select names to transfer.

done.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dear sir:

I was ABLE to dl Name Manager

However:

1) I do not see the "list names" button...I only see copy list of name to
another workbook??

2) I do NOT see the "names dd-mmm-yyyy" sheet

I do NOT see the Pickup Button!!

I KNOW I AM 3/4 THERE, BUT STILL NOT YET THERE.

please advise AND thank you.

FLKULCHAR

Th

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

Hi F.,

Is it possible to transfer (copy and paste ???) a list of names that I
have defined in one workbook ...into another workbook??

Download my Name Manager (www.jkp-ads.com/officemarketplacenm-en.asp)

- install it
- control-shift-n starts it
- click the list names button
- close nm
- copy the "names dd-mmm-yyyy" sheet to the new workbook
- open NM again
- click the Pickup button.
- select names to transfer.

done.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi F.,

1) I do not see the "list names" button...I only see copy list of name to
another workbook??

That is the button I meant.
2) I do NOT see the "names dd-mmm-yyyy" sheet

Click that button and you'll get the sheet.

I do NOT see the Pickup Button!!

It will show up once you've created the list.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com
Member of:
Professional Office Developer Association
www.proofficedev.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Several weeks ago, you helped me install NM, etc.

Now, I wish to copy defined names from one workbook to another.

I have Name Manager 4.0..although I do not know why it is in the Program
Files/Microsoft Office/Office 10/Library folder.

In any event, somehow, I opened it...but I have NO IDEA how to use it.

The buttons at thje top of the page a

a + sign...add a defined name
an icon...update the selected names in the worksheet listing with the
information in the worksheet list
an !...refresh the list of names and their refers-to
an i...who created Name Manager

At the right of the page a Choose Name Filters

etc.

Now what???

Can you kindly help me transfer defined names from one workbook to another.

Do I open the workbooks?...ie. the source and the blank destination
workbooks? or what?

Thank you,

FLKulchar

"F. Lawrence Kulchar" wrote:

Dear sir:

I was ABLE to dl Name Manager

However:

1) I do not see the "list names" button...I only see copy list of name to
another workbook??

2) I do NOT see the "names dd-mmm-yyyy" sheet

I do NOT see the Pickup Button!!

I KNOW I AM 3/4 THERE, BUT STILL NOT YET THERE.

please advise AND thank you.

FLKULCHAR

Th

Hi F.,