Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Comparing cells when they are not exactly the same

I have 2 columns containing company names, but the formating is slightly
different in the two. For example, Column 1 contains "AON", column 2 "aon
consultancy" (which is the same company). How can i run a comparrison which
picks out similar data from parts of each cell. Obviously the "exact"
function wont work.

Any advice?

Cheers, Garry
--
Garry
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

All you need to do is to precisely define the criteria for "similar":

1. are General Electric Company and General Motors Company similar enough ?
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200712