Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nooby

Default comparing cells

I need to compare the values in two cells and set a flag (preferably
color the cell red) if they are different. There are too many to do
visually, so I would like to automate the process. Can a macro be
written to check differences? What if I want an intelligent comparison,
such as that I want to ignore excess spaces, but not different
values...? I may also want to skip some cell comparison based on the
value in a third cell..... .This third cell may have a Y or N for
compare, or not.
How should I approach this? Any help at all would be greatly
appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mrice

I would recommend the use of the exact function combined with IF
statements and conditional formatting to acheive the result that you
want.

--
mrice

Research Scientist with many years of spreadsheet development experience
mrice's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10931
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=543486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nooby

Thanks for the help. I found the exact documentation and see how to use
it. But how would I use conditional formatting? For example, I want
"thistext" to match with "this text". I want to skip the spaces.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nooby

Got it, I needed a 'substitute' ..Thanks for the help