Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I convert formulae to values automatically

I have 3 columns - A, B, & C. A & C are automatically filled using a VLOOKUP
formula and this is determined by the code entered into B. I am trying to
achieve a solution where when the user completes B then A & C are populated
as per VLOOKUP and then A, B & C can not be changed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Bob - last time you help was 2005!

Paste values is a given - thanks. But I want this to be automated so when
the user has inserted the value it fixes the vlookup values so that they &
the user input can not be changed!

"rhinozw" wrote in message
I have 3 columns - A, B, & C. A & C are automatically filled using a
VLOOKUP
formula and this is determined by the code entered into B. I am trying to
achieve a solution where when the user completes B then A & C are
populated
as per VLOOKUP and then A, B & C can not be changed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe use the change event to fix them down

Const WS_RANGE As String = "A:C" '<== change to suit

On Error GoTo ws_exit
Application.EnableEvents = False

Target.Value = Target.Value
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Just select them and copy to the clipboard, then EditPasteSpecial and
click
Values.

--
HTH