Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using formula results as values in other formulae

This probably can't be done, but if it can then please help :) :

I need to use a result from one formula in a range in another formula.
For example, a COUNT formula gives a value of 16, and I need another
formula to use the range 'A2:A16' (the 16 here coming from the COUNT
formula). So if this works in any way - how :(? (If it needs to be a
macro then that should be ok)

--
CreepinJesus
CreepinJesus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37114

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your COUNT formula is in C2, for example, you could have a formula in
another cell such as

=SUM(A2:INDIRECT("A"&C2))

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"CreepinJesus" wrote:

This probably can't be done, but if it can then please help :) :

I need to use a result from one formula in a range in another formula.
For example, a COUNT formula gives a value of 16, and I need another
formula to use the range 'A2:A16' (the 16 here coming from the COUNT
formula). So if this works in any way - how :(? (If it needs to be a
macro then that should be ok)

--
CreepinJesus
CreepinJesus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37114
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568460

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That did the trick perfectly! Thanks :)hz