Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding a note/comment

I am new to this so excuse my ignorance but I have an Excel document with has
cells in rows and coulmns with data entered in each cell. I am trying to add
a note beneath the cells but have been unable to do so. Whenever I attempt
to do it the text is treated as if it is in one of the cells and all of the
text is not visible because the cells above it are more narrow. How do I
treat this area so that the entire text is visible?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You have a couple of options.

Firstly you could drag the cell wider so all of your text can be seen or you
could insert a comment into the cell by selecting the cell and then insert -
coment. The presence of a comment is indicated by a red triangle in the
corner of the cell. Hovering the cursor over the cell causes the comment to
pop up.

Mike

"edju" wrote:

I am new to this so excuse my ignorance but I have an Excel document with has
cells in rows and coulmns with data entered in each cell. I am trying to add
a note beneath the cells but have been unable to do so. Whenever I attempt
to do it the text is treated as if it is in one of the cells and all of the
text is not visible because the cells above it are more narrow. How do I
treat this area so that the entire text is visible?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use autofit.

Got to the column headers ( A - B etc) and hover the curser over the right
hand edge of the column you want to widen until the cursor turn into a cross
shape with right & left pointing arrows. Double click and the column width
will change to the maxiumum required to display all the text in any cell.

You could alos achieve what you want by selecting the cell and click format
- cells - alignment - and checking 'wrap text'

Mike