Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default Adding a note/comment

You have a couple of options.

Firstly you could drag the cell wider so all of your text can be seen or you
could insert a comment into the cell by selecting the cell and then insert -
coment. The presence of a comment is indicated by a red triangle in the
corner of the cell. Hovering the cursor over the cell causes the comment to
pop up.

Mike

"edju" wrote:

I am new to this so excuse my ignorance but I have an Excel document with has
cells in rows and coulmns with data entered in each cell. I am trying to add
a note beneath the cells but have been unable to do so. Whenever I attempt
to do it the text is treated as if it is in one of the cells and all of the
text is not visible because the cells above it are more narrow. How do I
treat this area so that the entire text is visible?

Thanks