Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem with Macro

Hi,

I don't know much about how macros are stored but I created one that does a
series of formatting to an excel file. I think it is stored as a file called
PERSONAL.XLS but I am not sure where. Anyway, one of the people I am helping
has somehow saved a file that they were working on in a way that when she
clicks on the microsoft Excel icon, this file automatically appears and the
filename is PERSONAL.XLS. Also, if she closes this file and then opens
target file that she wants to run the macro on and selects the macro command
(Control plus the letter q), nothing happens. Can someone help? I want to
restore the macro and do away with this other file that always appears when
Excel is opened.

Thanks

--
Chuck W