Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Min Min is offline

Default Change font colour

I have 2 columns of data.
If the number in b1 is less than a1, I want the number in b1 to be displayed
in pink.
How do I do this?
Many thanks for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yoe are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

Min ezt *rta:

Many thanks! Easy when you know how!

"Stefi" wrote:

Select column B
Formats/Conditional formatting
Choose formula as criterium
Formula: =B1<A1 set format/pattern/choose pink

Regards,
Stefi

Min ezt *rta:

I have 2 columns of data.
If the number in b1 is less than a1, I want the number in b1 to be displayed
in pink.
How do I do this?
Many thanks for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

For more information on Conditional Formatting, refer to this link:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CL100570551033

Challa Prabhu

"Min" wrote:

I have 2 columns of data.
If the number in b1 is less than a1, I want the number in b1 to be displayed
in pink.
How do I do this?
Many thanks for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a similar question, only my problem is i want to evaluate A1 on tab1,
vs A1 on tab2, and apply a color pattern if A1 on tab1 ABS<1 and A1 on tab2
ABS1. How can I do this, as conditional formatting does not allow other
tabs or files?

Thanks
Mike

"Stefi" wrote:

Select column B
Formats/Conditional formatting
Choose formula as criterium
Formula: =B1<A1 set format/pattern/choose pink

Regards,
Stefi

Min ezt *rta:

I have 2 columns of data.
If the number in b1 is less than a1, I want the number in b1 to be displayed
in pink.
How do I do this?
Many thanks for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can refer to another sheet for CF only if you define a name for cell on
other sheet.

i.e. defined name "apple" refers to =Sheet2!A1

Example........On Sheet1 in A1 CFFormula is: =A1<ABS(apple)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Stefi" wrote:

Select column B
Formats/Conditional formatting
Choose formula as criterium
Formula: =B1<A1 set format/pattern/choose pink

Regards,
Stefi

Min? ezt *rta:

I have 2 columns of data.
If the number in b1 is less than a1, I want the number in b1 to be displayed
in pink.
How do I do this?
Many thanks for any help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply Gord.

I do have a question though, is there an easier or better way to accomplish
this, as I am currently looking to review about 1500 cells with this criteria
on Tab 3 and looking to Tab 1 and Tab 2 to evaluate would be a lot of named
ranges. Is there a better more efficient way that I can format the cell in
Tab 3, using data in the same cell of Tab 1 and Tab2 to evaluate the color of
the cell on Tab 3?

Thanks,
Mturboman

"Stefi" wrote:

Select column B
Formats/Conditional formatting
Choose formula as criterium
Formula: =B1<A1 set format/pattern/choose pink

Regards,
Stefi

âžMinâ? ezt Ã*rta:

I have 2 columns of data.
If the number in b1 is less than a1, I want the number in b1 to be displayed
in pink.
How do I do this?
Many thanks for any help!

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no easy way to CF a cell based upon the value of a cell in another
worksheet.

Probably have to go with VBA

Gord