Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default COUNTIF

How are your numbers arranged? Are they comma separated strings in one cell
as in your example, or are they stored in separate cells, e.g. in range A1:A6
like that:
A1 1
A2 2
etc.
Also, how are arranged the pairs of numbers?

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Will€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi,

I have a project to count how freq a pair of numbers appear amount a few
groups of 6 numbers.

Lets say I have 2 pairs of 6 numbers, (1,2,3,4,5,6) & (1,3,5,7,9) and pairs
(1,3) & (3,5) appears twice in these 2 pairs of 6 numbers. I am unable to
find a suitable formula for this problem and the nearest I can do is COUNTIF
but COUNTIF can only cater 1 CRITERIA but in these i believe I have 2 or
more.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You do not have to enter the formula 20-30 times, you have to fill down the
formula through 20-30 rows!
Regards,
Stefi

€˛Will€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Stefi,

problem solved.. if i have 20-30 groups of 6, meaning i have to do tis
formula 20-30 times?

"Stefi" wrote:

This is probably not the optimal sulution but for the moment I couldn't find
the single formula (I guess it should be an array formula) fulfilling your
request. Say your data are arranged in this pattern:
groups of 6 pairs result
A1 ... F1 H1 I1 J1
A2 ... F2 J2
J3

Enter in J1
=IF(AND(COUNTIF($A1:$F1,H$1)=1,COUNTIF($A1:$F1,I$1 )=1),1,0)
Fill it down to the last group of 6 (2 in my example)
Autosum column J in J3

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Will€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Stefi,

my numbers are arranged in different cells in a row.. A1(1) B1(2) C1(3) etc..

My pairs of numbers are arranged also in different cells.

"Stefi" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

stefi,

thanks, wat i mean is I have 20-30 groups of 6 and I need to find out how
often a certain pair appear..

Meaning 1st - 30th group of 6 numbers, pair 1 & 5 appear 20 times...
somethin like tat