Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Closing only one excel workbook

I have to work in different Excel workbooks during the day, but when I close
one book, it closes all of them...then I have to get back into them. How can
I change this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you closing the Excel application or are you closing an individual file?
There shouldn't be any reason for ALL XL files to close if you close one file.

Dave

"Carollea" wrote:

I have to work in different Excel workbooks during the day, but when I close
one book, it closes all of them...then I have to get back into them. How can
I change this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

If you click New under the File menu, then two instances of Workbook are
created under the Windows menu. €“ Book1, Book2 €“ as Book collection. Unless
you quit the application there is no possibility of closing any Work Book in
the Book collections. However, if you click Exit under the File menu, the
application closes all Books and terminates the program.

If you Click the Start button and select Microsoft Excel from the Program
folder, then a new Excel program is opened and not an instance. Therefore it
up to you weather you want to create new workbook as Work book collection
within a single session or create Work book on different instance of Excel.

Important:

To identify Work Book collection in the Taskbar, Click the Excel button, The
list displays Book1, Book2, Book3 if the work book are created under one
instance of Microsoft Exce.

To Identify Workbook in different instance of Microsoft Excel, The Taskbar
displays €“ Microsoft Excel- Book1, Microsoft Excel- Book 2 €“ depending on the
number of insetance of Book created Work Book collections.

Challa Prabhu