Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default =INDEX(BUSINESS,MATCH(B2,EIN,0))

i have a list of Employer Edentification Numbers (EIN)H2:H20 and a List to
the left with the matching Business name I2:I20. i created a spread sheet
with the above formula in column a. the first time i created the page it
worked by taking what was in column b and looking in EIN and Business and
match up the appropriate name and now when i try to do this is does not work.
this is the second spread sheet i have created because after a few time the
first one stoped working. Column is filled with #NA even after i copy and
paste form another application. i do not know why i have so much trouble with
this formula.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gary

This seems to work, ranges appear to be mixed in your formula
=INDEX(EIN,MATCH(B2,Business,0))

Peter