Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RPD RPD is offline

Default Difficulty placing active email / hyperlinks with normal text in c

Hi

I am finding great trouble placing web & email addresses in cells along with
normal text and have wasted a lot of time trying to sort this out. Either all
the text is in normal font (& acting like a link) or all the text is actively
highlighted as a link!
How do I easily control this so I can have both normal text & links (but
seperately/alongside each other) within cells?
The auto complete function to typing web/email links is turned on but it
doesn't appear to make any difference!
How to I format the cells to achieve what I want? It seems to me the cell
format must not be allowing this function to happen, but I have tried
reformatting the cells without success! Frustratingly I have some cells in my
worksheet where links & text do coexist!
I have searched for help on the net with no success either yet.
I am most grateful for help & advice to help me & look forward to all
replies.
Thanks

Richard

--
RPD
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've seen this difficulty before. The only solution at that time was to have
unlinked text in a cell above (or below) hyperlinked text, and then hide the
border between the two cells. In effect, I don't think you can do what you
want without this "fake-out" workaround.
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"RPD" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RPD RPD is offline

Default Difficulty placing active email / hyperlinks with normal text

Hi Anne

Thanks for your reply.
I am surprised that links & text cannot be seperated in the way I wanted to
do it & so have them both in cells alongside each other. Nonetheless......

Thanks for your advice to use adjacent cells for text & links seperately &
then hide the gridline/s.
If using a workaround like this is the only way to solve this then that will
have to do! (using some ingeniousness & cunning!!).

I know there are other ways to have text & links in cells (as I described in
my initial post) & getting them to format as I wish seems like it may take
trial & error & cunning workarounds!

Thanks very much for your help & this useful advice/tip for me ( I hope this
could be expanded on in MS Help notices somewhere to help others who may
wonder about this!).Best wishes to you

Richard
--
RPD