Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 - Can't open xls files from Explorer

Running on Windows XP, with Grisoft AVG as a virus scanner.

If I double click on a file in Explorer Excel comes up but not the selected
file.

Excel starts, sez "Requesting Virus Scan" then "Ready" but no spreadsheet
comes up.

If Excel is already open the double clicking seems to work correctly, if I
click Excel Options then Cancel then the file also comes up but not otherwise.

I tried the /unregserver and /regserver stuff with no luck.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.