Scott in NZ

Default Help with formula please

Hi, can anyone help me create a formula please?
I am woking out fabric yields and want Excel to work out how much
fabric I require in 1.5 metre lengths, so I want to round figures up to
the nearest multiple of 1.5. Ie 3.24m rounded up to 4.5m, or 5.94 up to
6m.
Can this be done, and how?
Thanks in advance, Scott

--
Scott in NZ
Scott in NZ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20026

Domenic

Try the following...

=CEILING(A1,1.5)

Hope this helps!

Scott in NZ Wrote:
Hi, can anyone help me create a formula please?
I am woking out fabric yields and want Excel to work out how much
fabric I require in 1.5 metre lengths, so I want to round figures up to
the nearest multiple of 1.5. Ie 3.24m rounded up to 4.5m, or 5.94 up to
6m.
Can this be done, and how?
Thanks in advance, Scott

--