BobT

Default Indirect range in SUMPRODUCT?

If I have a formula that defines arange in cell A1
="column"&"row"&":"&"column"&"row"
and another range defined in the same way in B1,
I can reference them with
=SUMPRODUCT(INDIRECT(A1),INDIRECT(B1))

However I can not insert the formula in A1 instead of the
reference to A1 in the SUMPRODUCT(INDIRECT()) function. Is
there a way force this?

I ask because SUM, COUNTIF, and others will accept the
range definition instead of the reference to the range.

Of course this won't save me much space, just want it in a
couple places to make speadsheets a little neater.
Thanks
Biff

Hi!

Indirect will not accept arguments that evaluate as
formulas. It will only accept arguments that evaluate as