Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lia lia is offline

Default Combo box corrupting VLookup function

I changed several drop-down lists on an Excel worksheet to a Combo boxes so
that I could read the text. Several of these drop-down lists filled in other
information through equations like: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C26,Lists!$L:$M,2,0)),"
",VLOOKUP(C26,Lists!$L:$M,2,0)). Now, one drop down list will not function
without correcting the error: Number Stored as Text. I have to convert to
number for the vlookup to run every time I choose a new number.

Please help,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Not sure fi this will help but try this:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C26*1,Lists!$L:$M,2,0)),"",VLOOKU P(C26*1,Lists!$L:$M,2,0))

it should convert C26 to a number.

HTH
Jean-Guy