Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Set Excel 2000 to automatically create backup file.

When I make changes and save them via Ctrl+S or File Save, I would like the
previous copy to become a backup copy. Have forgotten how to do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try FileSave As then at top right of Toolbar hit ToolsGeneral Options(or
Options) and you will get a dialog where you select "always create backup".

I don't use 2000 but it was this way in 97 and is in 2002 and 2003.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 16:59:08 -0800, Steve Zed
wrote:

When I make changes and save them via Ctrl+S or File Save, I would like the
previous copy to become a backup copy. Have forgotten how to do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the feedback.

Now I know 2000 is same as other versions.