Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
HmE HmE is offline

Default Pivot Table defaults for Excel 2007

There were a few things I was hoping MS would change for this new version of
Excel, and one of them was being able to set your own DEFAULTS for Pivot
Tables. I haven't found any way to do this yet... in fact, it looks like
it's more work for me to get the table the way I want it to be.

Can anyone tell me whether its possible to change some of the basic
defaults for Pivot Tables? The things Im interested in a
- having the subtotals defaulted to 'none'
- having the pivot table borders defaulted to how they used to be (they
offer dozens of new styles, yet none are how the standard border default used
to be)
- having numbers in my Values column defaulted to currency, no decimal places
- when I create a new Pivot table, the new default is an Outline style,
whereas I need the old tabular €“ I can change this but it means I have to go
into the field options *for every single field* and change it tabular.

This was one of the huge time-wasters previously... and now it looks like we
have to waste even more time. :(
Any help on this appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As far as I know, you can't change the defaults, but after you create a
pivot table you can do the following:

On the Ribbon, under the PivotTable Tools tab, click Design
In the Layout group, click Subtotals, and click Do Not Show Subtotals

In the PivotTable Styles group, click the More button at the far right
At the bottom of the PivotTable Styles gallery, click on Clear

In the Layout group, click Report Layout, and click Tabular

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
HmE HmE is offline

Yeah, it's really the defaults I'm interested in, so that I don't have to do
this for every single table.

Does anyone know if there are any add-ins available (or in the works) to
allow us to set our own defaults?