Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
HmE HmE is offline

Default Pivot Table defaults for Excel 2007

There were a few things I was hoping MS would change for this new version of
Excel, and one of them was being able to set your own DEFAULTS for Pivot
Tables. I haven't found any way to do this yet... in fact, it looks like
it's more work for me to get the table the way I want it to be.

Can anyone tell me whether its possible to change some of the basic
defaults for Pivot Tables? The things Im interested in a
- having the subtotals defaulted to 'none'
- having the pivot table borders defaulted to how they used to be (they
offer dozens of new styles, yet none are how the standard border default used
to be)
- having numbers in my Values column defaulted to currency, no decimal places
- when I create a new Pivot table, the new default is an Outline style,
whereas I need the old tabular €“ I can change this but it means I have to go
into the field options *for every single field* and change it tabular.

This was one of the huge time-wasters previously... and now it looks like we
have to waste even more time. :(
Any help on this appreciated!