Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Replace with format across the row

Hi

I have Office Excel 2003,
I want to do a find and replcae where the word is replaced with a word in a
different Font, which I can do,
but I want the whole row to take on the new font not just the cell that
contains the word.

How do I do that?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's actually easier if you want the whole row in the same font. First you
want to do the find and replace, right? Highlight the row you want to find
and replace the word with another word and do the whole ctrl+F thing and just
select "replace all." Leave that row highlighted and then change the font to
whatever you want it to be. It's pie, really.

"Daniel- Sydney" wrote:

Hi

I have Office Excel 2003,
I want to do a find and replcae where the word is replaced with a word in a
different Font, which I can do,
but I want the whole row to take on the new font not just the cell that
contains the word.

How do I do that?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Lauren

I'm not sure I understand, my method is to select the entire column and open
find and replace, enter the word to be found then the word to be replaced,
and select format options for the new word, this includes an increase in the
font size, I then select "Replace all" and it happens but only the cells
where the words have been replaced show the new font size and I need to whole
row to show the new font size.
This is what happend before but for some reason it is not happening now and
I am not sure why.

thanks