neeraj

Default find replace format

I have a workbook with several shets. There are a few cells in every sheet
which have a fill color say 'x'. I want to replace these cells with color
'y'. I attempted find replace format. In the format option in the replace
card, I could not find the 'fill color' option(there was only the font color
option). Then I fill colored a cell with the desired color and chose it in
'choose format from cell' option. When I hit 'replace all', it colored only
seemingly alternate cells with desired colors. How can I do it?
Anne Troy

Version?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"neeraj" wrote in message
I have a workbook with several shets. There are a few cells in every sheet
which have a fill color say 'x'. I want to replace these cells with color
'y'. I attempted find replace format. In the format option in the replace
card, I could not find the 'fill color' option(there was only the font
color
option). Then I fill colored a cell with the desired color and chose it in
'choose format from cell' option. When I hit 'replace all', it colored
only
seemingly alternate cells with desired colors. How can I do it?

neeraj

2003

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Version?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"neeraj" wrote in message
I have a workbook with several shets. There are a few cells in every sheet
which have a fill color say 'x'. I want to replace these cells with color
'y'. I attempted find replace format. In the format option in the replace
card, I could not find the 'fill color' option(there was only the font
color
option). Then I fill colored a cell with the desired color and chose it in
'choose format from cell' option. When I hit 'replace all', it colored
only
seemingly alternate cells with desired colors. How can I do it?

Anne Troy

Good. I wanted to suggest going to Tools--Options, Colors, and change the
color altogether instead of changing all the cells.
:)
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"neeraj" wrote in message
2003

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Version?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"neeraj" wrote in message
I have a workbook with several shets. There are a few cells in every
sheet
which have a fill color say 'x'. I want to replace these cells with
color
'y'. I attempted find replace format. In the format option in the
replace
card, I could not find the 'fill color' option(there was only the font
color
option). Then I fill colored a cell with the desired color and chose it
in
'choose format from cell' option. When I hit 'replace all', it colored
only
seemingly alternate cells with desired colors. How can I do it?

neeraj

I was able to find the option, it seems to be the one which matches my needs
but it has the same results. Color x appears consecutively in several rows
and columns, yet it replaced with color y in only the first row that too only
alternate cells?

neeraj wrote:

I have a workbook with several shets. There are a few cells in every sheet
which have a fill color say 'x'. I want to replace these cells with color
'y'. I attempted find replace format. In the format option in the replace
card, I could not find the 'fill color' option(there was only the font color
option). Then I fill colored a cell with the desired color and chose it in
'choose format from cell' option. When I hit 'replace all', it colored only
seemingly alternate cells with desired colors. How can I do it?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Are you sure that the fill colors are what you expected--some of those shades
look similar, but are different.

Did you clear the other options before you started? Including the text to
find/replace?