Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data in Excel not showing up after leaving that field

I've created at report that I continually need to add additional information
into. It's only showing 10 lines, and when I add information the information
appears until I click out of that field. If I click back into the field, the
data is still there. What can I do?

Renee
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you entering all this in a single cell?

Excel Help on "limits" or "specifications" reveals that Excel will allow
32,767 characters to be entered in a cell.

However, it goes on to state that "only 1024 characters will be visible or can
be printed"

To work around this limitation, stick a few ALT + ENTERs in at appropriate
spots, about every 100 characters..

The ALT + ENTER forces a line-feed and expands the 1024 limit.

How far is not really known. Just experiment.

.........From Dave Peterson..........

I put this formula in A1:
="xxx"& REPT(REPT("asdf ",25)&CHAR(10),58)&"yyy"

And adjusted the columnwidth, rowheight and font size and I got about 7300
characters to print ok.

Failing that, use a Text Box to store the text or MS Word which is a word
processing application, unlike Excel which is not.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP