Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
al al is offline

Default Sorting cells containing hyperlinks

Article ID : 214328 - Hyperlinks are removed or invalid after you sort cells
that contain these hyperlinks in Excel

Is there a way to resolve this issue?
Or does one have to continually fix the hyperlinks every time a worksheet is
updated? That is very time consuming when you have hundresd of links.

Microsoft simple says: Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the
Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.

No hint of a Hot Fix etc. to address the problem.

All suggestions are welcome
Al

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
al al is offline

Thank-you for that suggestion but now when I click on the hyperlinks I get
the following message:

"Cannot open the specified file."

Therefore I cannot test the sorting aspect of this problem

I have searched high and low for an explanation of how to fix this error but
am finding absolutely nothing.

Any ideas?

Thank-you
Al

Al wrote:

Article ID : 214328 - Hyperlinks are removed or invalid after you sort cells
that contain these hyperlinks in Excel

Is there a way to resolve this issue?
Or does one have to continually fix the hyperlinks every time a worksheet is
updated? That is very time consuming when you have hundresd of links.

Microsoft simple says: Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the
Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.

No hint of a Hot Fix etc. to address the problem.

All suggestions are welcome
Al

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As long as the hyperlinks are still pointing the incorrect location, you won't
be able to click on them successfully.

If you want to try to fix them, you may find a routine written by David
McRitchie useful.

Take a look at David McRitchie's site:
look for:
Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks)

But my suggestion was to delete the existing (incorrect) hyperlinks and use
brand new =hyperlink() worksheet functions.