Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula-Compound Sales Forecast

I am looking for a formula which would give me a sales figure for 2012 (5 yrs
from now) based on a % increase from 2006 year end.

I have a specified cell for 2006 figures, an input cell for the % increase
per year. Now I am trying to find a formula which will take this and
compoundly increase sales for 5 years.

I'm sure it it right in front of me but I cannot seem to make sense of some
of the formulas.
HELP!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

With Initial value in B1, Percent increase in C1 and Number of years in
D1
=B1*(1+C1)^D1

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"GatorGirl" wrote in message
I am looking for a formula which would give me a sales figure for 2012
(5 yrs
from now) based on a % increase from 2006 year end.

I have a specified cell for 2006 figures, an input cell for the %
increase
per year. Now I am trying to find a formula which will take this and
compoundly increase sales for 5 years.

I'm sure it it right in front of me but I cannot seem to make sense of
some
of the formulas.
HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula by Roger would give you the compounded sales figure based on
Percentage increase every year for the duration you need.

However, if you need to find an estimation of what your sales would look
like by 2012, based on sales historically, you ll need to use advanced
statistics and consider seasonality and Trending.
You can also use the built in function "Forecast" which exists in excel,
which could help you to some extent.

Thanks.

"GatorGirl" wrote:

I am looking for a formula which would give me a sales figure for 2012 (5 yrs
from now) based on a % increase from 2006 year end.

I have a specified cell for 2006 figures, an input cell for the % increase
per year. Now I am trying to find a formula which will take this and
compoundly increase sales for 5 years.

I'm sure it it right in front of me but I cannot seem to make sense of some
of the formulas.
HELP!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Mar 5, 10:35 pm, GatorGirl
wrote:
I am looking for a formula which would give me a sales figure for 2012 (5 yrs
from now) based on a % increase from 2006 year end.

I have a specified cell for 2006 figures, an input cell for the % increase
per year. Now I am trying to find a formula which will take this and
compoundly increase sales for 5 years.

=fv(A1, B1, 0, -C1)

where A1 is the number of periods (5), B1 is the rate of increase (%),
and C1 is the end-2006 figure.

Note: Using 5 years gives you the end-2011 figure, not the end-2012
figure.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Errata....

On Mar 6, 9:02 am, "joeu2004" wrote:
=fv(A1, B1, 0, -C1)

where A1 is the number of periods (5), B1 is the rate of increase (%),
and C1 is the end-2006 figure.

Oops, pushed Send too soon. A1 is the rate (%) and B1 is the number
of periods.