Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do i keep a column from moving

Hi. If anyone knows the answer please help! I have a lot of columns, but I
want the first column to stay put while i shift to the right. I don't know if
there is a command. I have seen this done before, but the first column is the
one with my names, and i need them to stay put! Please help! Thank you in
advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Freeze Panes is what you're looking for.

Select Column B
From the Window Menu, select "Freeze Panes"
Column A (everything to the left of where you had selected) should now be
"frozen"

HTH,
Elkar