eterp05

Default Why is my tab key moving my cursor from column A to column k?

In all of my excel worksheets, when I push Tab, my cursor goes straight from
Column A to Column K or the next column not shown to the right of the sheet.
From there, if I hit Shift-Tab It always goes back to column A, even if
that's not where I started out. Please help, it's driving me crazy!!!
David McRitchie

Turn off Lotus 1-2-3 Transition options
Tools, Options, Transition (tab), turn off all transition options

---
HTH,

"eterp05" wrote in message ...
In all of my excel worksheets, when I push Tab, my cursor goes straight from
Column A to Column K or the next column not shown to the right of the sheet.
From there, if I hit Shift-Tab It always goes back to column A, even if
that's not where I started out. Please help, it's driving me crazy!!!

Gord Dibben

ToolsOptionsTransition.

Uncheck "Transition Navigation Keys".

These settings are for ex-Lotus people who wish to keep some of the look and
feel of Lotus.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 11:00:02 -0700, "eterp05"
wrote:

In all of my excel worksheets, when I push Tab, my cursor goes straight from
Column A to Column K or the next column not shown to the right of the sheet.
From there, if I hit Shift-Tab It always goes back to column A, even if
that's not where I started out. Please help, it's driving me crazy!!!