Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2 data sets - choose 1 - return another

Ok after hours of reviewing this website I am going to ask what the most
direct way is to do this. I have created a timecard in excel. Each column
has a drop down list - depending on what they choose - it will give them
another drop down list in the next column.

A (from list box) B (from list box)
Manual Data Collect If you choose manual data collect - you get list
of manuals
Project Definition Doc If you choose proj def doc - you get list of
actions
Administrative Design If you choose admin des - you get list of items

Here is the problem. On the manual list for manual data collect - here is
the list:

ID Manual Name
ADMIN Company Profile and Management
AIROPS Saab 340 CFM
AIROPS Beech 1900-D CFM

I want for them to see either a list box with both the ID and manual name
but when chosen the ID populates the cell or a list box with just the manual
name but the ID populates the cell depending on what they chose. Since there
is data valid in the cell I cannot insert vlookup formula there from what i
have tried. I cannot make the cell specific to only these answers because
this is a timecard which anything in from the list box in column A can be
chosen which could have nothing to do with manual data collect.
Any suggestions? I know nothing about VBA - so I havent looked into that
option.