Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help! Fix Excel's failure to print graphics in formatted dimension

Excel fails to print graphic objects in formatted dimensions. Graphics
created as 5 x 5 Circles are printed oblong measuring 5.25 wide by 4.87
tall.

To replicate this problem: In Excel, draw an oblong shape. Then right click
on shape to format, and on the size tab, set horizontal to 5" and vertical to
5". Then Print and measure.

Object when measured is oblong. Repeatable on every printer tried so far, so
conclude failure is within Excel code, not printer interface.

Other office programs using graphics exhibit same failure.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

probably close enough, autoshapes was designed for doing flow charts, things
like that, not CAD drawings

"Drub Troll" wrote:

Excel fails to print graphic objects in formatted dimensions. Graphics
created as 5 x 5 Circles are printed oblong measuring 5.25 wide by 4.87
tall.

To replicate this problem: In Excel, draw an oblong shape. Then right click
on shape to format, and on the size tab, set horizontal to 5" and vertical to
5". Then Print and measure.

Object when measured is oblong. Repeatable on every printer tried so far, so
conclude failure is within Excel code, not printer interface.

Other office programs using graphics exhibit same failure.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to Fix Excel's failure to print graphics to dimension.

to DLW: Close enough, perhaps for you...I would like to be your banker..lol

But note that the program has formatting in size to enter dimensions in
inches to the hundredth of an inch. I don't think the designers were
originally intending for this to have large errors (.25" in 5"). I want
circles to appear to be circles, not ovals, even in presentation graphics.

There is a substantial error in the interface between the program objects
and the output routines. Will this continue in all later versions too? It
lessens the programs value to be error prone in this regard.

I think Microsoft should address this significant design discrepancy and
correct it.

"Drub Troll" wrote:

Excel fails to print graphic objects in formatted dimensions. Graphics
created as 5 x 5 Circles are printed oblong measuring 5.25 wide by 4.87
tall.

To replicate this problem: In Excel, draw an oblong shape. Then right click
on shape to format, and on the size tab, set horizontal to 5" and vertical to
5". Then Print and measure.

Object when measured is oblong. Repeatable on every printer tried so far, so
conclude failure is within Excel code, not printer interface.

Other office programs using graphics exhibit same failure.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are probably lots of things Microsoft should do but I wouldn't hold
your breath for this. Excel is not a CAD program; if you want accurate
reprenstations of shapes use a CAD programming, not a financial analysis tool.

Dave