Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using a variable for range of cells

I am currently working on a spreadsheet where there are going to be a few
calculations between a certain number of cells. The letter of the cell
changes tho.

One of the columns that gets calculated is A23:A75 and a different column
that gets calculated is T23:A75. Is there a way to make something where I can
have it say that the numbers are 23-75 and so I can just put that and then
the letter of the column. It would make it easier then having to change a
bunch of formuals.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Something like

=SUM(INDEX(A23:T75,,2))

--
HTH

Bob

"Chart_Maker_Wonderer" wrote
in message ...
I am currently working on a spreadsheet where there are going to be a few
calculations between a certain number of cells. The letter of the cell
changes tho.

One of the columns that gets calculated is A23:A75 and a different column
that gets calculated is T23:A75. Is there a way to make something where I
can
have it say that the numbers are 23-75 and so I can just put that and then
the letter of the column. It would make it easier then having to change a
bunch of formuals.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Would that work if I have all of the calcualtions from to the cells *25-*75
then later on I add 5 rows and can just change it in one spot to *25-*80 and
it will automatically change them all?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Something like

=SUM(INDEX(A23:T75,,2))

--
HTH

Bob

"Chart_Maker_Wonderer" wrote
in message ...
I am currently working on a spreadsheet where there are going to be a few
calculations between a certain number of cells. The letter of the cell
changes tho.

One of the columns that gets calculated is A23:A75 and a different column
that gets calculated is T23:A75. Is there a way to make something where I
can
have it say that the numbers are 23-75 and so I can just put that and then
the letter of the column. It would make it easier then having to change a
bunch of formuals.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want to change just one value then you would be best to put the cell
range in another cell, and INDIRECT into that.

So in A1 say put D23:D75,

then use like

=SUM(INDIRECT(A1))

etc, then just changing A1 will recalculate all those formulae.

--
HTH

Bob

"Chart_Maker_Wonderer" wrote
in message ...
Would that work if I have all of the calcualtions from to the cells
*25-*75
then later on I add 5 rows and can just change it in one spot to *25-*80
and
it will automatically change them all?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Something like