Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Restricting conditional IF's

What I have for example is a list of names in column of say:

Names

I want these to one sheet but I want them all to be initially hidden from
the enduser. Then I want to allow the enduser to enter his/her own private
password and if it is a correct password I want to associate the names with
the passwords maybe in some VB code or whatever you recommend like in the
following lookup.

Name Password
A 111
E 222
F 333
G 444
etc

Now when an enduser brings up thsi blank sheet he/she must enter a password
into perhaps a particular cell on the sheet and in the background some kind
of a lookup is done and the corresponding password is the "equal to'
comdition and finally we only display all rows whose name matched the
password. I hope I have made myself clear.

Look forward to your answers,

Les

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Les,
send me an e-mail and I'll forward a sample solution.

toppers at NOSPAMjohntopley.fsnet.co.uk

remove NOSPAM

"Les" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Toppers,

I sent you an email. Please let me know if you received it.

Thanks for your time,

Les