Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If formula and time

I want to to use a formula to return "true" in cell AM if cell AK is <=00:30
and false if it is 00:30

I am using the formula =if(AM<=0.020833333,TRUE,FALSE)

This is returning FALSE for any time that is 00:30 or greater. I tried
putting 00:30 in the formula but it wont accept that.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Denise

Try
=IF(AM1<=TIME(0,30,0),TRUE,FALSE)
or even
=AM1<=TIME(0,30,0)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Denise" wrote in message
I want to to use a formula to return "true" in cell AM if cell AK is
<=00:30
and false if it is 00:30

I am using the formula =if(AM<=0.020833333,TRUE,FALSE)

This is returning FALSE for any time that is 00:30 or greater. I
tried
putting 00:30 in the formula but it wont accept that.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try:

=IF(AK1<=TIME(0,30,0),"True","False")

I assume AK is the column so cell address should be AK1, AK2 etc.

time formula gazebo New Users to Excel 2 February 23rd 07 09:16 PM
template or formula for start time -finish time -total hours ple cc New Users to Excel 1 March 27th 06 06:06 PM
Help with time formula so the time will not change. Joker Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 February 17th 06 09:04 AM
How do I set up a formula on a time sheet to calculate time in 1/. gschmid Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 January 18th 05 01:48 PM
Time / Formula to look at time difference carl Excel Worksheet Functions 5 November 8th 04 06:59 PM