Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Joker

Default Help with time formula so the time will not change.

I am in need of help with a formula involving the time. What I need is for
the time to automatically fill in a cell when info is typed into another cell
and to not change. I have the formula =IF(C480,NOW(),"") in cell B48. It
will display the time when I enter info into cell C48, the problem is that
the time keeps changing as I make other changes to the worksheet. Is there
any way I can prevent the time from changing from the original time? Thank
you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi

You can do it with a Change event: