Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PivotTable Nightmare

Question: Does a PivotTable have the abililty to calcuate percentages if
it's not on the worksheet the PivotTable is based off of?

Problem: I have a spreadsheet that is totaling numbers for certain dates.
It has the formula to total and then I have a formula to calculate certain
percentages from the total based off of categories 1, 2, 3, and 4. What i
want is for the PivotTable to break down by categories and give the the total
for each category and a percent.

In desperate need of help.
--
Sandi Gardner
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A pivot table can summarize by category, and show each category as a
percent of the total column or row. There are examples he

Sandi wrote:
Question: Does a PivotTable have the abililty to calcuate percentages if
it's not on the worksheet the PivotTable is based off of?

Problem: I have a spreadsheet that is totaling numbers for certain dates.
It has the formula to total and then I have a formula to calculate certain
percentages from the total based off of categories 1, 2, 3, and 4. What i
want is for the PivotTable to break down by categories and give the the total
for each category and a percent.

In desperate need of help.

--
Debra Dalgleish