Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PivotTable Nightmare

I go in and select my range when I start the wizard. I don't understand how
it can keep dropping when I refresh. What is a dynamic range formula?
--
Sandi Gardner

"Ken Wright" wrote:

Kind of hard to diagnose with limited info. If you refresh and lose U-Z and
then right-click on the pivot table and choose Pivottable wizard / Back,
what range do you see selected? Is it all your data? If not then how does
your data get selected, ie is it by any chance a dynamic range formula?

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------
------------------------------Â*------------------------------Â*----------------

"Sandi" wrote in message
Everytime I refresh my pivot table it keeps dropping part of information
on
my spreadsheet. I have a list of agencies in alphabetical order and each
time I refresh it will drop letters U-Z. I have had to recreate the
pivot
table numerous times to fix the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Sandi Gardner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you're adding rows of data on the worksheet, then sorting the rows
alphabetically. The pivot table may continue to use the cells that you
originally selected, when you first created the pivot table, ignoring
all the additional rows, where the U-Z entries now appear.

To expand the range automatically, you can use a dynamic range, as
described he

Sandi wrote:
I go in and select my range when I start the wizard. I don't understand how
it can keep dropping when I refresh. What is a dynamic range formula?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures