Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup on multiple values

I currently have 2 workssheets, 1 contains our order book as follows:
Sales Order No., Part No., £ each. The 2nd contains Sales Order No, Works
Order No, Part No.

I am wanting to put a formula on the 2nd sheet against each line looking up
the following:

if sales order no match and the part no matches result the £ each.

How to I lookup on multiple values?

regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use two IFs.

HOW TO USE IF
If works by: =IF(test,do this if true, otherwise do this)
e.g. Cell A2 currently says 3.
Cell B2 =IF(A2=3,"Match","No Match")

IF WITH 2 CONDITIONS
Put a second if inside the first - i.e. IF(test,IF(test2,outcome if
true,outcome if false),outcome if false)

YOUR SOLUTION
Something along the lines of:
=IF(SalesOrderNumberCellRef=TheNumberYouWant,IF(Pa rtNo=ThePartNoYouWant,TheCost,0),0)

If you want something really specific, reply with example data, cell refs etc.

Cheers,

Tom.