Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lisa

Default how do I lookup multiple values

Trying to lookup a value based on both Horizon and Vertical columns€¦.

A B C
1 JAN FEB MAR
2 Ice-cream .5 .6 .7
3 Hot Cocoa 1.0 1.1 1.25
4 Coffee 1.5 1.3 1.0
5 Soda .8 .6 .9

How do I look up the price of ice - cream in the month of Jan. or lookup the
price of coffee in Mar based on an input from user on both product and month?

I cant figure out which function to use. Please advice.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Domenic

Assumptions:

B1:D1 contains the month

A2:A5 contains the product

B2:D5 contains your data

Formula:

=INDEX(B2:D5,MATCH(G1,A2:A5,0),MATCH(H1,B1:D1,0))

....where G1 contains the product of interest, and H1 contains the month
of interest.

Hope this helps!