Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combining sheets into one file

I have 2 workbooks each with multiple sheets. Workbook1.xls references
variable range names on Workbook2.xls.

I want to combine the 2 workbooks by moving the sheets from workbook2 into
workbook1. The problem is that when I move a sheet from workbook2 to
workbook1, the formulas that reference the ranges don't update. In fact, the
formulas still work because the range name is still kept in workbook2 but it
references back to workbook1.

For example, the formula says use [workbook2.xls!Range1]. You go to
workbook2 and the range there is defined as workbook1xls!$A$2:$B$4. So in
the end, I'll end up moving all the sheets so workbook2 will have nothing but
ranges defined to reference workbook1. But I would still have to load
workbook2 in order for workbook1 to work!!

How do I move the range names over?