Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Grand Total for Rows not functioning

I am creating a Pivot Table with 3 summerized fields. I have the Grand
Total for Rows and the Grand Total for Columns checked in the Pivot
Table options, although only the Column grand total is displayed in
the pivot table. What is causing excel to omit this calculation? I
work with pivot tables a great deal, and have never had this problem.
Is this an isolated issue, or due certain circumstances dictate this
omission in excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 28, 10:30 am, wrote:
I am creating a Pivot Table with 3 summerized fields. I have the Grand
Total for Rows and the Grand Total for Columns checked in the Pivot
Table options, although only the Column grand total is displayed in
the pivot table. What is causing excel to omit this calculation? I
work with pivot tables a great deal, and have never had this problem.
Is this an isolated issue, or due certain circumstances dictate this
omission in excel?

I found out why. :-( Previously I had three data fields, but no column
"fields". (Well it kinda did if you count the data was moved to the
column section.) Upon adding a column field (WE_DATE), the total
column for rows is displayed. This seems to be a minor short-coming of
excel. C'est la vie.

Thanks,
Jeremiah