Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default xlStart in Vista

What I need to do is find how I can have a work book open when Excel
starts in Vista.
With XP and before this was done by placing the work book in the
xlStart directory in the users Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
directory. That path is now locked, as far as I can tell.

Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I use my own XLStart directory since I have workbooks that I want opened
regardless of which version of Excel I happen to be using. Just create a new
folder called "C:\XLStart" and choose that folder as the "Alternate Startup
Directory" or "Open files in this directory when Excel starts" setting. The
wording of that setting varies between versions of Excel but they all mean
same thing.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

wrote in message
oups.com...
What I need to do is find how I can have a work book open when Excel
starts in Vista.
With XP and before this was done by placing the work book in the
xlStart directory in the users Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
directory. That path is now locked, as far as I can tell.

Office 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

RE the Vista part, I dabbled with it a bit and had my frustrations trying to
look in C:\Documents and Settings\...

I learned that that path isn't 'real'. It's just there for backward
compatibility or something like that. The real path for user settings is
off of the C:\Users (I think, going from memory).

--
Jim
oups.com...