Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dollar format alignment

Is it possible to have the dollar format $0.00 aligned to the left. The
program ignores my request for left alignment. I can do it with the TEXT
function, but I am hoping that there is a simpler option.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes. If it's formatted as an accounting cell, it'll send the dollar sign to
the left, and the numbers will be formated on the right. You don't like that,
right? I think what you want to do is have it all at the left, if I'm getting
you. Format the cells as currency and set it to left alignment. That does it.